American Leprosy Missions is a global organization serving Christ by curing and caring for people suffering from leprosy, and by working to end this ancient disease in our time.
American Leprosy Missions exists to serve as a channel of Christ’s love to persons affected by leprosy and related diseases, helping them to be healed in body and spirit and restored to lives of dignity and hope.
What Makes Us Different?
- Christian Values – Christian, non-denominational organization founded by missionaries in 1906.
- Experience – Oldest and largest non-profit organization in the U.S. working to cure and care for people with leprosy and Buruli ulcer worldwide.
- Expertise – World-renowned experts on staff, including award-winning doctors and consultants to the World Health Organization.
- Empowerment – Focus on re-weaving marginalized people into the community, restoring dignity and hope.
- Stewardship – Four-star rated by Charity Navigator, a Gold GuideStar Non-Profit and a member in good standing with Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) and the Better Business Bureau. Annual reports and financial statements are available on our financials page.
Join us in healing people and communities devastated by leprosy and Buruli ulcer. Donate now.