Interested in joining the team at American Leprosy Missions? Career opportunities are available. Our headquarters are located in beautiful Greenville, South Carolina, and we support projects and staff in more than a dozen countries around the world.
Current Job Openings
The Director of Program Operations will help translate American Leprosy Missions’ (ALM) vision and strategic plan into measurable results. This will involve ensuring program systems are strong and scalable and resources are aligned to help the ALM program team implement the strategy efficiently, effectively and in compliance with best practice and donor requirements. This operations or development professional brings an entrepreneurial spirit and successful track record to the team. This individual has demonstrated a key ability to redesign systems, structures and processes for greater effectiveness. He or she takes initiative without being asked and has a track record of building collaborative partnerships within a team and with external partners to accomplish results. The Director of Program Operations will report to the Vice President of Programs and be based in Greenville, South Carolina. Director of Program Operations job description.
To apply for the Director of Program Operations position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Statement of Faith
American Leprosy Missions serves as a Christian medical mission, offering medical, rehabilitative, surgical, social and spiritual services to people with Hansen’s disease (leprosy) and related diseases. To this end, ALM as a whole adheres to the following Statement of Faith and expects all of its employees to adhere to it as critical to the fulfillment of ALM’s mission.
- The Bible. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (Psalms 12:6; 119:105,160; Proverbs 30:5; II Timothy 1:13; 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21.)
- God. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1,26-27; 3:22; Psalms 90:2; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; I Peter 1:2.)
- Jesus Christ. We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-5; 14:10-31; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 1:3-4; I Corinthians 15:3-4; I Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 4:14-15.)
- Salvation. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (Titus 3:4-5.)
- Holy Spirit. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:16-17; 16:7-13; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12; 3:16; II Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 1:13; 5:18.)
- Resurrection. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the barrenness of damnation. (1 Cor. 15:14.)
- Spiritual Unity. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences. (Ps. 133:1; 1 Cor. 12:12-13; Eph. 4:3)
This Statement of Faith is the basic spiritual foundation for American Leprosy Missions. It cannot be amended or deleted from our procedure manual except by vote or written consent of all members of the Board of Directors.
American Leprosy Missions is an equal opportunity employer, and conducts hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. In addition to being a non-profit corporation, American Leprosy Missions is also a faith-based religious organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a)) American Leprosy Missions has the right to, and does hire only candidates who agree with American Leprosy Missions Statement of Faith.