Interested in joining the team at American Leprosy Missions? Send us your resume and a cover letter! We are always looking for passionate people to help us discover new innovations, technologies and partnerships to stop disease and improve the well-being of people and their communities.
Our headquarters are located in beautiful Greenville, South Carolina, and we support projects and staff in more than a dozen countries around the world.
More about Greenville:
- Southern Living: One of the South’s best cities 2018
- Travel+Leisure: 50 Best Places to Travel in 2018
- Condé Nast Traveler: Number 3 small city in the U.S. 2017
Current Job Openings
The Director of Program Operations will help translate American Leprosy Missions’ vision and strategic plan into measurable results, ensuring program systems are strong and scalable and resources are aligned to help the ALM program team implement the strategy efficiently, effectively and in compliance with best practice and donor requirements. Application closing date: September 30, 2018. Read the full job description.
The Program Director will support the design and implementation of the AIM Initiative. The AIM Initiative is a global initiative to map case management neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and support Ministries of Health to increase access to NTD case management services. The Program Director will provide programmatic oversight and technical support to partner countries and oversee implementation of CEP-NTD E1 USAID sub-award grant from FHI 360 in Ghana, Benin, Senegal and Côte d’Ivoire. Read the full job description.
Apply now by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Statement of Faith
American Leprosy Missions serves as a Christian medical mission, offering medical, rehabilitative, surgical, social and spiritual services to people with Hansen’s disease (leprosy) and related diseases. To this end, ALM as a whole adheres to the following Statement of Faith and expects all of its employees to adhere to it as critical to the fulfillment of ALM’s mission.
- The Bible. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (Psalms 12:6; 119:105,160; Proverbs 30:5; II Timothy 1:13; 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21.)
- God. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1,26-27; 3:22; Psalms 90:2; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; I Peter 1:2.)
- Jesus Christ. We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:22-23; John 1:1-5; 14:10-31; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 1:3-4; I Corinthians 15:3-4; I Timothy 6:14-15; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 4:14-15.)
- Salvation. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (Titus 3:4-5.)
- Holy Spirit. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:16-17; 16:7-13; Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 2:12; 3:16; II Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 1:13; 5:18.)
- Resurrection. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the barrenness of damnation. (1 Cor. 15:14.)
- Spiritual Unity. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender and class differences. (Ps. 133:1; 1 Cor. 12:12-13; Eph. 4:3)
This Statement of Faith is the basic spiritual foundation for American Leprosy Missions. It cannot be amended or deleted from our procedure manual except by vote or written consent of all members of the Board of Directors.
American Leprosy Missions is an equal opportunity employer, and conducts hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual. In addition to being a non-profit corporation, American Leprosy Missions is also a faith-based religious organization. Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a)) American Leprosy Missions has the right to, and does hire only candidates who agree with American Leprosy Missions Statement of Faith.