Why a Legacy Gift?
Simply speaking, legacy planning is the process of thinking ahead to give a gift at a later date. Wise legacy planning helps improve your financial position and effectively uses your financial resources to bring positive change to the lives of people affected by leprosy and Buruli ulcer in a way that may not be possible during your lifetime.
Your gift will heal suffering men, women and children, and provide the ongoing care to help them overcome disabilities caused by leprosy and Buruli ulcer.
Benefits to Giving a Planned Gift
- Leaving a legacy and sharing that decision with your family and friends shows them the importance of giving and demonstrates what is important to you.
- Establishing or contributing to an endowment fund continues the legacy of your life through future generations.
- Wise gift planning helps you and your family make a gift to a charitable cause of your choice that is much larger than is otherwise possible.
- Planning your gift ahead of time will ensure significant tax benefits for you and your family while ensuring financial security for those you love.
- Charitable giving helps you to reduce capital gains tax.
- Most of all, you will know that you are investing your financial legacy into the lives of those who need it most. Your planned legacy helps American Leprosy Missions build a long-term and sustainable program to help children, adults and families affected by leprosy and Buruli ulcer.
- And finally, it is a stewardship decision. It gives you the opportunity to reinvest the blessings that God has entrusted to you and place it back into the work of His Kingdom.
Leave a Legacy of Hope and Healing
You can make a significant difference in the lives of men, women and children all around the world simply by remembering American Leprosy Missions in your will. Examples of the various forms of gifts include: general bequest, residual bequest and a contingent bequest. For a free Will Planning Kit, call 1.800.543.3135 or email [email protected].
There are many ways a gift of life insurance can be made to American Leprosy Missions. These include transferring ownership of the policy or naming American Leprosy Missions as the beneficiary.
A gift of shares to American Leprosy Missions is not only a great way to help those affected by leprosy but can also save you money by reducing your capital gains tax payments. A gift of shares can be made immediately or through your will.
A gift annuity enables you to provide a gift to a charity while you receive guaranteed payments during your lifetime. While the annuity rates will be determined by your age and the prevailing interest rates, they will generally be competitive with the return you would receive if you invested the gifted assets. In addition, there are attractive tax benefits associated with the purchase of an annuity.
For more specific information on the benefits offered through a gift annuity, call 1.800.543.3135 or email [email protected]. We will prepare a personal quote based on your specific needs. The information is free with no obligation to you.
A planned gift is an important decision and we want to make sure the decision is right for you and your family. Here are some points to consider:
- Pray about it; we want you to know you are doing God’s will in choosing American Leprosy Missions as a recipient of your gift.
- Discuss your decision with family; bring them on board with your wishes and your decision.
- Contact your lawyer and/or financial advisor. They will guide your decision to make a gift and help in drafting your will. They can also assist you with other planned giving options.
- Contact American Leprosy Missions if you have any questions about making this gift. If you want your gift to go to a specific project, we can provide you with the correct wording prior to drafting your will to make sure your wishes are carried out.
- Choose an executor(s) that you feel comfortable with and trust to carry out your wishes. Discuss your decisions with them. This gives them an opportunity to understand what you want and why these gifts are important to you.
- Gather all important documents, store them safely and let your executor(s) and/or those with power of attorney know where they are.
Leave a legacy of hope and healing to those affected by leprosy and Buruli ulcer. Call 1.800.543.3135 or email at [email protected] for more information.